As a full service funeral home, we help families celebrate a life lived and loved. When a family loses one of their household companions there is sorrow and a need for grieving. Many families find comfort in celebrating their pet’s life and memorializing a cherished family friend.
Most people choose either to bury their pet or arrange for cremation. The option to bury depends on whether you live inside or outside city limits, along with whether there is a pet cemetery nearby. When pet cremation is desired, there are choices as to whether to have a single or communal cremation performed.
There are many memorialization offerings available for both pet burials and cremations including:
- Pet burial caskets
- Pet cremation urns
- Permanent pet memorial stones and markers
- Personalized home mementos
- Celebration of a pet’s life tribute video
- Pet’s life celebration candles
- Pet photo pillows, throws and blankets
- Pet photo to canvas memorials
- Many other personalized celebration and memorial offerings
- Grief resource materials and websites for helping family members cope with the loss of a pet
At Loess Hills, we recognize the need of those who lose a pet to finalize, celebrate and memorialize your relationship with a faithful companion. We are always available to assist your family when needed. We also encourage those with pets which are beginning to fail, to call us ahead of time to help guide you through this difficult time.